Smilers® legal notices
You are currently connected to the Biotech Dental Smilers website. 305, Allées de Craponne – 13300 Salon de Provence – France. S.A.S. (French simplified joint-stock company) with a registered capital of €125,000. RCS (register of companies) Salon de Provence: 801 674 375 – SIRET: 801 674 375 00010 – VAT reg. no.: FR 93 80 167 437 5. Non-contractual images.
Manufacturer: Biotech Dental Smilers. Custom-made class IIa medical devices for dental alignment. Carefully read the instructions in the user manual. Not reimbursed by the social security system.
Manager: Philippe VERAN
Publication director: Philippe VERAN
Site design and development
Biotech Dental Smilers group
Julien/Vivien: Please, could you enter the name and contact details of our Smilers® host here?
Intellectual property rights
The products, names of products or services, logos, images, videos, documents, etc., and any other distinctive sign of Biotech Dental, which are displayed on the Site, are protected by French and European laws or any other applicable law.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction is strictly prohibited.
This site contains links to third-party sites (“external links”). These websites are the responsibility of their respective operators. The external links on the site do not mean that Biotech Dental approves the content to which you may be connected using the hypertext links. When the link was initially made, Biotech Dental checked that the content associated with the external links was not in breach of the legislation in force. No breach of the law was observed on this date. Biotech Dental has no influence on the current and future design or contents of the linked pages. On the other hand, if the group is made aware of a breach of the law, Biotech Dental will remove the corresponding links as soon as possible.
Given the development of new communication tools, it is necessary to pay particular attention to protecting privacy. In its capacity as data controller, Biotech Dental Smilers® agrees to respect the confidentiality of the personal information it collects and the legislation in force pursuant to the processing of personal data, including the European General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data no. 2016/679 (“GDPR”). The purpose of this policy (as well as our terms of sale) is to inform you about our practices concerning the collection, use and sharing of the information that you are required to provide on our platform, which is accessible on the https://www.smilers.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”). It describes how we handle the personal data that we collect and that you give us. Please read it carefully.
1.The information collected
When you use our Site, you are required to send us information, some of which can identify you (“Personal Data”). It may include the following:
- The data required to sign up to the service we provide on our Site. These data include your full name, e-mail address, postal address, sex, telephone number and password. This information is required. Otherwise, we will not be able to provide the products and/or services offered by our Site and you will not be authorised to create an account on our Site,
- Data from inquiries. When you send us a question, by e-mail or by phone, we may record your name and e-mail address. This information is used to answer your question and get back to you.
- Data relating to your use of our online services. Our online services collect browsing data that can identify the device when you open or consult our Site. In this context, we are likely to record the IP address of the terminal connected to the internet, the type of browser and the operating system used, as well as other data, which are processed automatically, such as your internet service provider, the website from which you accessed our Site, the number of pages viewed on our Site, the use of our Site, the time spent on each page of our Site, etc. These data may be used to ensure that our Site works properly, implement our services and monitor the traffic on our Site. This section gives examples of personal data that we may record on our Site and the potential use of these personal data. If you do not want us to collect your personal data, we would ask you not to communicate it to us, not to use our services and not to access our Site. With your prior consent, we may transmit your personal data to our business partners, that are members of the Biotech Dental group.
2. Personal data controller
The data controller of your personal data is: Biotech Dental Smilers, 305, Allées de Craponne – 13300 Salon de Provence – France. S.A.S. (French simplified joint-stock company) with a registered capital of €125,000
RCS (register of companies) Salon de Provence: 801 674 375 – SIRET: 801 674 375 00010 – VAT reg. no.: FR 93 80 167 437 5
Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
Phone number: +33 (0)4 13 22 82 40
Our data protection officer is: Mr Jonathan NAVE (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Methods used to collect personal data
Passive collection: when you visit our Site and interact with it, the personal data may be collected passively since you may not be aware that the data in question is being collected during these visits or interactions. The information collected may include the following: IP address of visitors to the Site, information related to the IP address, MAC (Media Access Control) address of the system, information on network configuration, etc. We also use so-called “cookie” technology to collect anonymous information about visitors. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to the hard drive of the user’s computer through their internet browser. We use this to personalise your future visits and save you time while browsing. It is possible to prevent cookies from being used in your browser by disabling this feature. Direct collection: we may also collect data from you when you give us information through the Site. For example, if you contact us to use products and services, ask questions or send us your remarks or comments about the Site or our products and services, we may record the information given, including any personal data, in order to process your request efficiently. If you do not want your personal data to be collected directly, we would ask you not to communicate it to us.
4. Retention period of the personal data
The personal data collected on our Site are archived for 5 years after the last use of our Site without prejudice to the retention obligations or the statute of limitations. They are kept for 3 years for management and business development purposes. Certain categories of personal data may be kept for different periods of time, including financial data which are kept for the period required by the applicable tax and accounting laws. Accounting data are kept for 10 years from the end of the accounting year.
5. Use of the personal data collected
We use the data we collect to:
- Execute the contracts concluded between you and us, or between us and our business partners, and to supply the information and products and/or services you may request: processing needed to perform our respective contractual obligations;
- Send you information about our products and/or services by e-mail or any other means of communication: processing needed to perform our respective contractual obligations. It is done with your consent
- Inform you of changes to our products and/or service: processing needed to perform our respective contractual obligations, to comply with our legal obligations and/or to establish, exercise or defend a right in court;
- Improve and optimise our Platforms, including ensuring that the display of our content is tailored to your device; processing based on our legitimate interest (giving you the relevant content);
- Help us to preserve a healthy and secure environment on our Platforms: processing based on our legitimate interest (ensuring the security of our Platforms), needed to comply with our legal obligations and/or needed to establish, exercise or defend a right in court.
6. Sharing personal data
When required by the laws and regulations, we seek your consent before communicating information about you. However, in some cases, your consent is granted as part of the contract concluded between us. Your personal data are to be used by the companies of the BIOTECH DENTAL group, their service providers based in the European Union or in third countries and, where applicable, their partners. We undertake not to sell, rent or disclose your personal data to other entities without your consent or if you have expressed your opposition to such use.
7. Personal data rights
Pursuant to articles 15 to 22 of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016, subject to fulfilling the conditions set out by these articles, you have the right to:
- Access all of your personal data
- Rectify inaccurate and/or incomplete data
- Get your data erased. Subject to proving your identity, and when technically possible, you may request the portability of your personal data. You can also request restrictions to the processing, and object, at any time, to the processing of these data for reasons relating to your personal situation. However, the data controller may not grant your request when they can demonstrate legitimate and compelling reasons which prevail over the interests, and rights and freedoms of the user, or in order to establish, exercise or defend their rights in court. The data controller points out that this right to object can also be exercised by the user when the data are only processed for business development purposes. In addition, when the sole legal basis for the processing is the consent given by the user, the latter may withdraw it at any time.
To exercise these rights, you can bring it to our attention by sending a letter to: Biotech Dental Smilers – 305, Allées de Craponne – 13300 Salon-de-Provence, or by e-mail to: email@example.com
8. Security of personal data
We want to ensure the security of the data you give us. In order to prevent unauthorised access, use, modification, destruction, loss, damage or disclosure, and to protect the data collected, appropriate technical and organisational measures have been taken. The personal data we collect is kept in a secure environment. Our employees are required to respect the confidentiality of your information. To ensure the security of your personal data, we use the following measures: SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol; • Computer backup. We are committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality by integrating the latest technological innovations to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions. However, given that no system can ensure total security, there is always some risk involved when the internet is used to transmit personal information. In the event of a breach of your personal data, we have the obligation to notify the competent supervisory authority and to inform you, as soon as possible, of any breach of personal data likely to pose a significant threat to your rights and freedoms, so that you can take the necessary measures.
09. Transfer of personal data outside the European Union
As a general rule, we keep your Personal Data within the European Union. Should, under certain circumstances, your personal data be transferred outside the European Union, we make sure that this transfer is carried out in accordance with the applicable regulations and guarantees a sufficient level of protection of the privacy and fundamental rights of the data subjects.
Place: Salon-de-Provence. Date: 1 August 2021